was headed to the third round of the FedEx Cup playoffs

Mon, Jun 19 2017 09:11am BST 1
bellis555
bellis555
105 Posts
OTTAWA -- Nothing heals quite like a win streak. Cheap Roshe Run . Erik Karlsson and the Ottawa Senators felt good after their 3-1 defeat of the Washington Capitals on Monday, their first back-to-back victory in 51 days and their first three-game winning streak at the Canadian Tire Centre this season. "It feels really good I think," said Karlsson, who was on the ice for nearly 30 minutes. "We really wanted to win this game and they came out pretty hard in the first and had us at the backs for a while, but I think we stuck to it and we were confident that if we just did the things we needed to do we would come out successful." Once again the Senators gave up the first goal, but a couple of highlight-reel goals and strong goaltending was enough to earn the victory. Craig Anderson, now riding a three-game winning streak, was at his best on this night stopping 34 shots. "We battled all night," said Anderson. "We made some mistakes, but its what happened after that. We battled hard; we back-checked hard; we found ways to keep guys from getting to the net. Thats the difference in the game. "I liked our fight and I liked our work ethic and that went a long way to getting us two points." Kyle Turris, Mika Zibanejad and Clarke MacArthur, with an empty-net goal, scored for Ottawa (17-18-7). Joel Ward scored the lone goal for the Capitals (20-15-5), who have now lost back-to-back games. Phillip Grubauer, making his fourth straight start, faced 38 shots. Ottawa took a 2-1 lead on Turriss tenth goal of the season. He cut through the Washington defence and deked Grubauer for a wide open left side, leaving the 20,193 on hand stunned. "I knew I got hooked, but I think it helped me fake the goalie out," said Turris. "I dont think (Grubauer) thought I would be able to get it to my forehand so it kind of faked him at the same time delaying it." Anderson was solid stopping all 14 shots he faced in the second as the Capitals did all they could to tie things up. Ottawa held on to its 2-1 lead with solid play in the third period. With just over two minutes remaining Anderson made a great glove save on Eric Fehr to preserve the lead. "We had great chances to score goals, but we didnt," said Washingtons Alexander Ovechkin, who is now pointless in his last four games. "We hit crossbars, posts and he makes a good save and of course when you make a goalie hot hes going to play hot." This was easily one of Andersons better performances of the season, but he was quick to point out the play of his teammates as a factor in his success. Anderson talked about the teams penalty kill, shot blocking and play along the boards as keys to the victory. "Its stuff that doesnt always show up on the scoresheet like goals and assists do," said Anderson. "Its those little things that make a difference in a game and a lot of people dont realize that, but we definitely recognize it in the room here." MacArthur added an empty-net goal with 34 seconds remaining after Erik Karlsson gave him the wide open net to put an end to a 10-game scoring drought. "I saw he was there and he hasnt scored in a couple games so I knew it was the right thing to do," said Karlsson of the passing play. The Senators got off to a rough start in the first period as Ward opened the scoring on Washingtons second shot of the game 2:11 into the game. Ward put a shot on net and -- unfortunately for Anderson -- the puck went off the goaltenders stick and in. It was the only downside to an otherwise outstanding performance by Anderson. Ottawa lost Chris Neil midway through the first after a collision with Ovechkin. The play looked innocent enough, but left Neil with a lower body injury. Senators head coach Paul MacLean said the injury appears to be something more serious than day-to-day, but Neil will need to undergo further evaluation before a timeline can be set. Ovechkin felt he took the worst of the collision and feels the league should review the incident. He was disappointed that nothing was called on the play. "I think four guys out there didnt do their job. I think they started celebrating New Years too early, right before the game," said Ovechkin. "They didnt see headshots on Neil against me. "I felt like he going to hit me shoulder to shoulder. I was ready for it, but he hit right in my head, right in chin. Ottawa tied the game 1-1 at the 13-minute mark of the first as Zibanejad and Cory Conacher put together a passing play. The two broke in on a 2-on-1 and had a give-and-go before Zibanejad had the easy tap in. Zibanejad has played at centre as Jason Spezza has been sidelined the last two games with a lower body injury and the 20-year-old is making the most of the opportunity. "Mika has come in and played centre and given us some big minutes and played very well," said Senators coach Paul MacLean. Notes: C Jason Spezza and D Chris Phillips missed a second straight game with a lower body injury. D Eric Gryba was a healthy scratch for the Senators. a The Capitals continue to deal with trade demands from a number of players, including goalie Michal Neuvirth who was a healthy scratch. C Brooks Laich missed his third straight game with a strained groin. D Alexander Urbom was a healthy scratch. Cheap Roshe one Online . After a 10-game skid, winning sure feels good. Atlantas third error in the last two innings allowed Jackie Bradley Jr. Nike Run Shoes Online .Bekker was added Wednesday in exchange for allocation money after two seasons with Toronto. The native of Canada had 29 MLS appearances, including 16 starts. Hes also played in 13 games for the Canadian national team.ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. - Robert Streb hasnt seen many early indications of a happy ending throughout his career.That included his first PGA Tour victory.He started the McGladrey Classic with a tee shot he hooked into a bush, leading to a double bogey, and spent the next two days worried only about making the cut. Five shots behind going into the final round Sunday, he drove into a bunker on the opening hole and made bogey. Even after he made five birdies to get back in the mix, he three-putted the 13th for bogey to fall four shots behind with five holes to play.And at that point I was like, Well, Ill just see how many birdies I can try to make on the way in, Streb said. And I got on a pretty nice little run.Streb ran off four straight birdies, closed with a 7-under 63, and then waited 90 minutes to see if it would hold up. He got into a three-way playoff at Sea Island with Brendon de Jonge and Will MacKenzie, and won on the second extra hole with the most significant shot of his young career.He hit 8-iron at the par-3 17th that covered the flag and settled 4 feet behind the hole for his 10th birdie of the day.Very thrilled, Streb said, mainly because winning had not sunk in.The 27-year-old from Oklahoma has never played in a major. Now hes going to the Masters in April, the PGA Championship next August, and the option to play events for only the top tier players, from Kapalua to Bay Hill to Memorial to Colonial.Its pretty exciting, Streb said. I dont have any emotions yet, but very thrilled.De Jonge had his best chance yet to win for the first time, and the only consolation was not having to look back at anything he did wrong. His lone regret was a pedestrian bunker shot on the par-5 15th and failing to make an 8-foot birdie putt. He closed with a 65. De Jonge hit his tee shot on the 17th in the playoff to about 30 feet left of the pin, though that became an even longer putt when Streb stuffed his 8-iron.What can you do? He hit a great shot, de Jonge said. And as I said, its nice for him to have a birdie. Cheap Roshe Two For Sale. Its a good way to win the tournament.MacKenzie, who started the final round tied for the lead, closed with a 68. He also failed to birdie the 15th that would have given him the outright lead, and then he was happy to just get into the playoff. He three-putted from 80 feet for bogey on the 16th to fall out of the lead. He answered with a 5-foot birdie on the 17th, and then he had to lag a putt from 80 just short of the 18th green to get into the playoff.But it didnt last long. MacKenzie found a bunker right of the 18th green on the first extra hole, blasted out to 30 feet and made bogey.Streb had to made about a 4-footer for par in the playoff just to keep going. He was nervous over that putt, and the putt for the win. But he came through with a win that not even he would imagined when he walked off the 13th hole with a bogey.Its been like that his whole career.Streb grew up at Oak Tree, though he had to leave home for college. Oklahoma didnt have a scholarship to offer — Streb always wanted to be a Sooner. And he didnt think he was good enough for Oklahoma State except to try to walk on.Instead, he went to Kansas State. He met his wife, Maggie, who is expecting their first child (a girl) in February. He got his degree in marketing in case golf didnt work out. And then he hit the minor leagues with great resolve.Streb got to the PGA Tour after three years, and then narrowly lost his card. He failed to get it back for last season, though he took advantage of his limited starts by finishing second in New Orleans. Later in the season, he figured he was headed to the third round of the FedEx Cup playoffs until Jason Day made a birdie on the last hole at the TPC Boston that bumped Streb out of the top 70.He has been motivated to get better every step of the way.I guess it kind of keeps you hungry, he said. Youre obviously not going to achieve all your goals right from the get go. Well, at least I didnt. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Please login or sign up to post on this network.
Click here to sign up.